Due to the latest government guidelines announced on Monday 23rd March, it is with heavy hearts we have decided to temporarily close The Gather Cafe (including take out options), Community Room and Gift Shop.
Our key priority is to keep our staff, volunteers and customers safe during this difficult time.
We will continue to work with the Parish Council of Ennerdale and Kinniside & the Parish Council of Lamplugh to provide essential supplies within the community. For this the shop is open from 11am until 3pm until further notice.
Please make sure you practice safe social distancing when purchasing necessities from The Gather – strictly one in, one out, to safeguard the staff member on duty and other customers.
Stay safe, stay well and please stay at home 💕
Click or tap here to view our current menu.
Click or tap here to view our current allergy information.
- Carvetii Coffee (the Carvetii were an Iron Age people and were subsequently identified as a civitas (canton) of Roman Britain living in what is now Cumbria). Cappucino, latte, flat white, Americano and espresso
- Specialist teas – personal tea pots with an unusual range of teas
- Hot Chocolate
- Cookies, flapjacks, millionaires’ shortbread
- Scones, cream and jam
- Homemade soups
- Sandwiches with locally sourced fillings
- Panini – hot and tasty
- Baked potatoes with fillings
- Platters and other seasonal specials
- Hartley’s locally made ice cream – from Egremont.
Free wifi – come and hang out with your computer for a change of scene, or just relax and enjoy the view from the large floor to ceiling windows overlooking the fields with grazing animals.
The Gather Shop is open: Daily from 11am until 3pm
Locally sourced produce is our main criterion. We stock:
- Fresh eggs, bread from a local bakery, locally grazed meats, cold drinks, Hartley’s icecream, local jams and chutneys and basic groceries.
- Cumbrian produced gifts, pottery, felt and leather crafts, jewellery, art, photographs, greeting cards, postcards, Keswick Soap Company cosmetics, Herdy range of mugs and gifts, KickAss Cheese, Hawkshead Relishes – and much more!
- NEW product, chocolate truffles and bars of milk chocolate from Whitakers Chocolates, beautifully presented in souvenir wrapping
We also stock walking and cycling essentials such as plasters and simple repair kits.